Monday, February 04, 2008

Preppy Photos. Plum. Personality.

So here are some pics of DD's first day at school as promised. :)

Summer dress, hat, school bag (with her bag tag made with Mommy's love) :D :D


She was soooooo tired, she fell asleep in the car on the way home.
Poor thing.....

Not only was she tired, she made me tired too! I can't remember when was the last time I had to wake up at 7.00am!!! Losing 2 hours of sleep, doesn't just make you go feel tired 2 hours before your regular bed time. It completely knocks you out all day! Man! I could not concentrate driving, I welcomed a forum newbie by a name that's not hers, congratulated another forum member but spelt her newborn baby's name COMPLETELY wrong! I don't know if anyone remembered one of my entry last year this time when Ellen started kinder.... I left my front doors opened while I left to pick her up? Yah... I'm just about there right now...

For the 1st 3 days at school last week, she could not finish half her lunches! This is coming from a girl who cries hunger every other hour when she's at home. One day, she even complained that her lunch is cold. Oooops... can anyone tell who she got that from? :D I basically told her to suck it up, that's life at school babe! LOL.... And I see layouts coming soon, especially with the last photo. :)

2 posts ago I said I was going to make my Plum Jam. I finally found a few decent jars. 2 hours later, I was about to pour my jam into the sink. It just wouldn't set! This is when I started googling for topics like "JAM NOT SETTING"... THEN I found out that my plums, though high in pectin (hence no jam setting sugar required), are now too ripe. Plums that are too ripe start losing their pectin. AND cooking it for too long also causes pectin to break down. So the solution??? Label them as PLUM SAUCE. Use them as glaze. NOW I HAVE 5 JARS OF PLUM SAUCE... ANYONE WANTS SOME???????


DT NEWS!!!

I have been selected to be on Scrapware's new Design Team!! Yippee!!! Chipboards!! Wood!! I am in the company of some awesome scrappers...

Kim Arnold, NSW http://kimarnold.typepad.com/
Karen Day, QLD http://karen-day.blogspot.com/
Cassandra Glass, QLD http://www.scrapcass.blogspot.com/
Coby Kooy, VIC http://www.rebelwithacause.typepad.com/
Kathie Link, SA http://kathielink.blogspot.com/

Can't wait to get started! :) :)

And of course, I visited Kim's blog and she had this personality test thingy which I couldn't resist finding out what type I am....

You Have A Type B+ Personality

You're a pro at going with the flow
You love to kick back and take in everything life has to offer
A total joy to be around, people crave your stability.

While you're totally laid back, you can have bouts of hyperactivity.
Get into a project you love, and you won't stop until it's done
You're passionate - just selective about your passions


Go for it! Just for fun. :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Ruey said...

Awww....Ellen is totally gorgeous in her school uniform!!! hehehe...I can already see lots of fab layouts with those photos....now you need to shop for green & yellow papers/embellishments! Hmmm...might have to tackle that personality test too!!

February 04, 2008 10:58 pm  
Blogger Jennie (Jenn) said...

Mich, Ellen looks so pretty in the summer dress / uniform... Beautiful girl you have there...

February 05, 2008 7:53 am  
Blogger Jennie (Jenn) said...

and congrats on the DT news!!! WTG...

February 05, 2008 7:58 am  
Blogger Mel Nunn said...

Awww Ellen looks so little... She will have to grow into that hat!!

And a BIG congrats to you on the scrapware gig ;o). You rock the chipboard so this will suit you just fine!

Must catch up one day!
Mel

February 05, 2008 8:34 am  
Blogger Aida Haron, Singapore said...

Ellen looks beautiful !!! Congrats on the DT news, and Gong Xi Fatt Chai

February 10, 2008 4:42 pm  
Blogger KimA said...

Hey Mich - just wanted to say that I am looking forward to working with you again!

February 10, 2008 10:48 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home