Monday, January 21, 2008

I 'SEEM' like a very busy woman.....

Thank you very much to all the wonderful people who left me a comment from my previous entry. I truly appreciate the support I have from all of you. I am also very touched by the fact that although we only "know" each other through a craft, it never stopped people from caring. I sincerely thank all of you, and for your words of encouragement.

For what it's worth, one of the comments was left by Vickie's school counsellor, in her presence. Thank you, Kee Peng. I am grateful of the time you are spending with her, chatting to her.

So .... to show my appreciation, I will actually draw 2 prizes, from everyone who left a comment. I will announce it next post.... this is too long a post :D I had a wonderful day on my birthday. Presents, not that much. One of my girlfriends, Jorja, bought me a $40 voucher to spend at the Stampin' Up workshop I'm having in February, DH got me a birthday cake, Jess baked some gorgeous cupcakes at the Crop For Kids meeting. My best friend, Ruey who is now having a good time in Las Vegas, promised me she'll make me some Philippino lumpiah when she gets back. MMmmmm... I love lumpiah. Although, I suspect it is a training and handover session as well so she won't be the only person who knows how to make it. That means, whenever there is a get together with our mutual friends, I will have no excuse to say I don't know how to make them! LOL ... But never mind, we'll find a way to share the load .... hehehe

============================================

CROP FOR KIDS ... tickets are now available for sale.
Event: Crop For Kids All-Day Fundraising Crop
Date: Saturday, 15th March 2008 (the weekend before Easter)
Time: 10am to 5pm
Venue: Springvale City Hall in Springvale
Price: Tickets are A$30.00 per person

EMAIL US AT ..... cropforkids@gmail.com

Group bookings will be available for groups of 8 or more. This not only guarantees that you will sit together, but as an added incentive to book as a group, there will be a special draw on the day for one group to win a small prize. Group bookings must be paid for in one payment, and the payment must be received within 1 month of booking via cheque or direct deposit.

============================================

Dance and TKD

So a few things have happened since my birthday. It's almost been 2 weeks! Yikes... So I've signed my daughter up for a dance class. She is doing Jazz & Tap and she started today! It was quite funny to watch actually. She looked a bit klutzy :) . All the other kids were in their hot pink leotards, gorgeous skirts and proper shoes. It was a 3-5 yo class and most have done the class for a while now, so all the more she looked like she has 2 left feet! LOL... but she said she had fun and wants to come back next week!

As for the little man, we think we are going to try him out in Tae Kwon Do. Will take him for an introductory class, see how he likes it. The centre we are taking him to calls the 4-6 year olds, Little Ninjas. So we told him, he's going to learn to be like the Ninja Turtles... LOL

============================================

Plum Jam

This year is just unbelievable. We have had so many fruits from our fruit trees in the backyard! Trees I never thought existed because they never produced any fruit for as long as I've lived here! So we've had bucket loads of plums and nectarines (I even did a layout on the nectarines!) So I decided on Friday to try making a Plum Jam. You think I had any luck finding flippin' PRESERVING JARS?????!!!!!!!! I swear, over the past 3 days, I went to 4 supermarkets, Target, BigW, 4 kitchenware stores, Ikea, ..... it's like I'm trying to activate a Homemade Jam Revolution!! No one had the twist-top preserving jars!!! It's ridiculous! So we have to go into our fridge and empty out jars of half-used sauces and what not, just to wash them out and sterilise them, so I can store my first-attempt-homemade-plum-jam... and I don't even know how successful I'm going to be? Or if the plums are still going to be all right by the time my jars are ready!!!

============================================

More Scrapping

I've done more scrapping - cybercrop challenges, 123 Challenge and DT work for Addicted to Craft. :)

A 'Juvenile' Birthday Card - Scrunched and inked Kraft cardstock and the core of some cardboard, and used a Kaisercraft chipboard dinosaur.



Sweet! - a layout using the colours of Scrap Therapy (bluey-green with pink)


Nectarines Galore! - My nectarines layout! This was Belinda's Blind Challenge on Scrap Therapy. If you want to take the challenge, just click on the link. :)


Addicted to Craft DT layouts
Decade of hairstyles - Scribble Scrabble papers and diecuts, American Crafts chipboard letters, Doodlebug letter stickers,


Beautiful - Scribble Scrabble papers, DaisyD's title rubon, Prima Marketing flower, Maya Road Office Sheers


Time to go - Dream Street Papers, Doodlebug letter stickers and Hambly Journaling overlay


Why that Tongue? - Dream Street papers, Doodlebug letter stickers, American Crafts chipboard thickers, Maya Road chipboard letter and Office Sheers, Everlasting Keepsakes chipboard star.

123 Challenge
How many candles..? - My first-ever 123 Challenge layout! Yay me!!! hehehe...


I know time flies.... I just don't know where to???? I still have a list of Crop For Kids 'admin' work to do .... and DD is going to start school in 2 days! I don't know how to pack her school bag! She doesn't have a pencil case yet! And I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow to make sure I have enough in the pantry to make her snacks and lunch! DS is starting kinder in 3 days, I can't wait to have a few hours of free time to clear my head!

Have a great week ahead!

4 Comments:

Blogger Aida Haron, Singapore said...

I absolutely LOVE all the layouts !!! How can you say I make it look effortless when you scrap such stunning pages ?????? You ah !!!!

Am happy for you and Vickie, it must have been hard all these years and certainly I don't think any less of you. It must have been wrenching leaving her after the divorce. Wow, Sec 3 ? Ok typical Sporean auntie kay-poh question ~ which school ? Not St Margaret's like Stasha ?

January 29, 2008 12:15 am  
Blogger Lou Spiden said...

YAY for free time - my youngest DD is off to school and I don't think I'll know what to do with myself! I've never had free time :)

Lou

January 29, 2008 8:34 am  
Blogger becspicer said...

Michelle - good luck with the jam. You can use any jar with a sealed lid - like the ones bought from supermarkets that hold sauces and jams. I recently bought some jars of stuff I don't eat just so I could use the jars. I emptied the stuff out, gave them a good scrub, sterilized them and filled them full of homemade tomato sauce. The heat from the jam/sauce will create another seal in the lid, so any jar should be okay.

January 29, 2008 8:36 pm  
Blogger becspicer said...

Michelle - good luck with the jam. You can use any jar with a sealed lid - like the ones bought from supermarkets that hold sauces and jams. I recently bought some jars of stuff I don't eat just so I could use the jars. I emptied the stuff out, gave them a good scrub, sterilized them and filled them full of homemade tomato sauce. The heat from the jam/sauce will create another seal in the lid, so any jar should be okay.

January 29, 2008 8:36 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home