Wednesday, April 09, 2008

SIA releases... yummmm

So... the SIA trade event is over. I did 2 projects for Angela (Scrapware) to display at her stand. I don't know if anyone knows, I'm a big chipboard fan. Crazy over it. I don't know how to create a layout that is flat! When I got onto the Scrapware Design Team, I told myself I would be in heaven. And I am. :) :) :)

The new range of chipboards we got to work with, which were released during the trade show, are absolute must-haves for any scrapper IMO. Not only am I a chipboard junkie, I'm now a journaling block junkie. In this 12x6 ringed book, the new Journaling Bits are frequently used, in variations. Some are cut with appended words (eg Notes, The Facts, Details), some have shapes of crown/skulls/star "cut in", some are just date blocks ( 3 sizes).... etc etc. The grooves in the chipboard act as the lines to journal on. You can ink them, paint them, glimmer mist them, stamp on them, or use them a la natural! (If you paint and the paint gets into the grooves, don't fret. Just use your cutting knife to go through the groove when the paint is dry to remove the paint.) Now, you have no excuse not to journal your pages! :)

There is also a new range of products called Word Trios (set of 3 words). They come in many many themes, and their sizes are just perfect for albums as well as layouts.











Karen Day, who is also on the Scrapware Design Team has designed some uber cute chipboards... clouds, birdie, trees, ... Go check out her blog post (about Karen Day Designs) and you'll all agree that they are just tooooo cute and you OUGHT to get some! I've used some clouds in this following layout (and another journaling bit!).


OK... That's all I have to share with you for now. Keep the comments coming on my RAK post (closes Thursday night)! You might just win yourself $20 worth of Scrapware goodness!

4 Comments:

Blogger Cass said...

Love, love, love those journaling bits Mich! I *must* get my hands on some. :)

April 10, 2008 7:59 am  
Blogger Trish said...

WOW that album is awesome
We missed out on goignto SIA :(
So how was it ??
TC

April 10, 2008 10:46 am  
Blogger Belinda Venables said...

Wowsers...what an album! Love it.
Belinda
xx

April 10, 2008 11:10 am  
Blogger Whozz Me???... said...

Love the albums.... I really love the product from Scrapware... if only I can order direct.... hmmmm

April 11, 2008 11:36 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home