Saturday, March 01, 2008

TKD. Fajita. Layouts

All right, all right. I'm so toast. I haven't been blogging for over 2 weeks. I'm not dead, just consumed with school, kinder and Crop For Kids. I have layouts and photos to show though... anyone still reading my blog?

Well... I can't remember a lot of what has happened over the last 2 weeks. I just know that DD is doing very well in school, as well as her Tae Kwon Do. Took some pics of her having fun as a Little Ninja ... (technically, TKD is Korean and Ninja is Japanese..... another case of Asian Confusion ... sigh... )


As Phaedon is not ready to join as a Little Ninja yet, he is in the Little Joey's class. And a parent has to be in the class with Little Joeys. These are pics of him and me ....


A few days ago, I was in an adventurous mood and decided to go Mexican for dinner. Not that I'm not adventurous with food. I, on the contrary, have a diverse palate. I'm just restricted to what I cook at home because I can't be bothered coaxing my kids to try something new. Lately, I've seen a change in my son's eating habits. He recently asked for THE GREEN FINKS in my Chinese stir fry (aka garlic shoots), .... and ate it .... and went mmmmMMMmmmm ..... and asked for more!!!!! And he has since tried snow peas, and sugar snap peas too. If you are a mother who has difficulty trying to feed your children anything green, you'd know what relief I felt.

Anyway, back to Mexican. OK... it is technically not truly Mexican, but rather a fusion of Texan with Mexican - Fajitas using Chili Con Carne ...heheheh.... Mexican because I had tortillas, guacamole, tomato salsa and lettuce; Texan because I made Chilli Con Carne instead of the usual Fajita filling (mind you, this Chilli Con Carne has no chilli in it for the children's sake). The result .....



... BIG THUMBS up from Ellen and Peter. Ellen loved it so much, she had a 2nd helping with my 2nd tortilla. Hence the 4th pic of the ingredients on my plate with no tortilla!! Phaedon on the other hand... still did the wrap but did it only with the rice and some leftover meatballs from another dinner, which to me was still a major achievement because he tried very hard to hold the wrap properly in his little hands, though he made quite a mess, but still managed to finish eating his wrap. So I'm rapt!!

OK .. layouts time. My first lot of DT layouts for Scrapware.

Teddy Bear Picnic - I used 2 of their 12" half flowers to make one full flower and scrapped on it. Lil Davis papers, Hambly overlay, Heidi Swapp bloom, Fontwerks journaling stamp, Creative Imaginations brad, American Crafts thickers.



Pirate - A simple layout using Pirate word, and mini skulls. Bazzill cs, Scenic Route papers and diecut arrows, Lil Davis journaling stamp.


1st Day @ Prep - Using Scrapware scalloped borders, scalloped rectangles, word - '1st' and '@'. Love Elsie paper, American Crafts thickers, MM paints, Fontwerks date stamp.


Thank you for your patience and if you are still dropping by, thank you for thinking of me (or having me on your bloglines).

2 Comments:

Blogger Kerryn said...

TFS. Love your scrapware work. Kerryn L.

March 02, 2008 9:11 am  
Blogger Ruey said...

Yah...you're sooooo toast!!! hehehe...Luckily your blog is on my bloglines....and because it's 'bolded' if it's been updated....I 'have' to read it. LOL...kidding....very nice layouts and photos!!

March 02, 2008 11:45 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home