Thursday, March 13, 2008

Tagged by Ruey

I was tagged by Ruey. We are foodies... so when she got this tag, she can't not tag me. hehehe ....

6 unimportant facts about MY food.....

1. I am not a cheese fan, especially hate the smell of parmesan (smells like baby puke). But I won't say no to plastic cheese in my sandwiches .... hehehe (Note: plastic cheese... the colloquial term given to cheese individually wrapped in plastic, a la Kraft style)

2. I am married to a Greek, but I don't like much of Greek foods ... eg capers, olives, feta cheese,
dolmades.... etc. Tried it many times, still don't like it.

3. I love sushi. When I was pregnant with Ellen and still working in the city, since I cannot have raw fish, I resorted to eating California Rolls for lunch everyday.

4. I love the smell of coffee but I don't drink it. However, I would order a white chocolate mocha from Starbucks, with an extra shot of white chocolate, so there's more white chocolate than there is espresso. Not quite a coffee, but that's as much coffee as you can get into me.

5. I never used to eat lamb until 2 years ago because everywhere I had tasted lamb (which would be Greek gatherings from hubby's side of family) they would cook it till it's well done, making the meat dry and tough and chewy, and smells 'lamby'. I HATE chewy meat, with a passion. Eating should never require effort. I should not have to be burning calories while I'm eating. So now, I would only eat lamb if I cooked it, i.e. tender.

6. I love my Prima packaged sauces. That's the only way I can have authentic Singaporean dishes from Australia. There are many ingredients required to make delicacies like Laksa, Chicken Curry, Rendang, Mee Goreng, Mee Rebus, Bak Kut Teh, Chicken Rice, satay, sambal dips... etc etc etc ... And most of these ingredients are not readily available in Australia. No Asian restaurant I've been to (and I've tried countless) have made Laksa the way it is supposed to be. So Prima sauces ... easy, and readily available... what more can I ask for??

1 Comments:

Blogger Aida Haron, Singapore said...

**LOL** at plastic cheese !!! Yep can't do without the Kraft slices.

And a BIG yaaaaaayyy to the Prima sauces, my staples too. Love to cook but not crazy about grinding the rempah when Prima does it so well ??? My favs are the Laksa and Chix Curry. they have a new (?)
Sayur Lodeh, just saw it in the supermart today.

I am so sorry you got smacked in the Aussie Blog ! Honestl, I think we are all ok about some not finding the work to their taste, but there really is no need to get nasty or personal about it ?? Thanks for adding the comment abour me NOT being intimidating. I didn't want to justify myself with a post but thought what the hell, it's my blog, I can say how I feel about the issue ?

Can you imagine going into a scrapbooking class with only a handbag ~ no scissors, no glue, no pens or pencils and expect the instructor to provide these basic items *shheeeeeehhh* with the excuse *I wasn't told to bring them.......* Aiyoh, is this kindie or what ? LOL

March 26, 2008 10:34 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home