Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Bug. Nice. Handbags.

It has been a really busy week, making the last of Christmas cards, gifts, wrapping presents, catching up with people to drop off those presents ... etc etc etc, not to mention last week of school, kids haircuts, grocery shopping before people buy the last loaf of bread and the last bottle of milk like there's no tomorrow?


I was given the heads up by Ruey last Friday, that the Lincraft store at Epping has a very special on Cuttlebugs. They are (probably were, don't know if they are still) selling the Cuttlebug machines for $64.50. That is 50% off the RRP!! I couldn't believe my ears. I woke up on Saturday morning and told Peter that I 'need' to go to Lincraft at Epping, cos they are selling the diecut and embossing machine, the one I borrowed from Ruey (had to use laymen terms) at half price, so I want to get one. He just went.... "OK." I did a virtual "phew" in my head, and rang up the store to reserve one unit. So I'm now, albeit a bit behind everyone else, the proud owner of a new Cuttlebug machine!! :D :D :D  I asked the store assistant why they were on sale and she told me that they had some flooding in the warehouse, and the instruction manuals were all soaked and impossible to open, so they had to throw them all out. But the machines and boxes were all intact! I figured, I know how to operate this little tool, especially after playing with it for more than a few times. There couldn't be a better deal!
 
Last night during dinner, Ellen spoke about writing another letter to Santa. It's like the "final one". In this letter, she said "but I can't write that I've been good, because I did a time-out today." I couldn't help but giggle inside. She was behaving badly at the supermarket during the day so she copped a time-out when we got home. If only she had considered the consequences like she did when she wrote the letter, it would have saved all the misery and frustration. I am a relatively strict mother, I like my children to be raised with awareness and consideration. I don't like to excuse them for any misbehaviour just because other people say "they are just kids". They should start learning from young to be considerate to other people, and to be aware of their surroundings. It's called R-E-S-P-E-C-T. I am a strong believer in what you do affect how other people react. It's no use being oblivious to your surroundings or people's feelings, do something stupid and then apologise. Apologies don't and never change the fact that something has been done, and it's out there and you can never take it back. I like them to take pride in being "nice first", and being "nice back" will come naturally. Even if whom you were being nice to did not reciprocate, you come out the better person out of the situation.

On a lighter note, Ruey came around yesterday, so we could swap pressies for the kids and have lunch. While she was here, I had to ask this guru how she would gift wrap these babies... 
I bought these Fluff purses when I was in Singapore back in May. They are the cutest brand of girls' accessories, I promise you. From small to big coin purses, wallets, handbags, totes, laptop bags, key chains, luggage tags... the range is enough to let you hangout in the shop and imagine yourself turning into a diva. I don't know if they are available in Australia, but if you ever see them, you'll drool over them too. And these in particular, are relatively big purses (the size of CDs) and odd-shaped. So we started getting paper and tools out, (when I was supposed to be packing things away) and began making something. We had quite a bit of fun figuring out how to make them, experimenting a score line here, testing with a fold there... and Ruey ended up with this cutesy ... 

and me with this....

.... HANDBAGS TO FIT THE PURSES!!! LOL .... it was the most impromptu and fun scrapping session we have ever had! And look, we used up some old stash again!! BG Blush, and remember those Queen & Co felt lacy thingies???? YES, I still have lots of them!!! hahaha... These handbags with the real purses are gifts for 2 teenage girls. I usually put in more effort when gift-wrapping their pressies because I'm known to them for doing fancy gift wrapping. And they will usually keep the gift wrap or packaging too! On top of those purses, I also got them a top each, which I put into one of these box-in-a-bag things I made. 


I didn't get a chance to take any photos of the christmas cards I made this year cos they were like fresh bread in a bakery - out of the oven and out the door! Mind you, it's not because they were in hot demand, but I was running really late. I just like that analogy, makes me feel a bit better.... bwahahaha.....

To those who wrote a letter to Santa, thank you for joining in my fun, I will be sending you something in the mail. hehehe... there were only 4 people who emailed me their letters, so I guess all of them deserve some kindness from me just for humouring me. LOL...

And I would like to say a big thank you to anyone who is still reading my blog, and a bigger thank you to those who left comments. I haven't been very good this year in keeping my blog updated regularly, but that will be one of my 2009 New Year's resolution - to blog at least once a week. 

Until next week, I wish everyone and their families a Wonderful and Merry Christmas. Eat, drink, laugh and be merry!

xxxooo .... mich 



4 Comments:

Blogger Jorja said...

Merry Christmas Michelle to you and your family...I think I will have the same new years resolution as you for 2009....happy blogging...xo Jorja

December 24, 2008 12:51 pm  
Blogger Cass said...

Love those handbags! :)
Have a wonderful, safe Christmas.

December 24, 2008 10:27 pm  
Blogger Ruey said...

Merry Christmas!!!
Congrats on your bug!!!

And yes...it was the most fun and productive impromptu scrap session we've had. As in we achieved fab results over less than an hour!!!! hehehe!!

December 28, 2008 10:00 am  
Blogger Lyndal said...

Gorgeous wrapping Mich & have fun bugging!!!

January 06, 2009 11:26 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home