Friday, October 24, 2008

Paperific. Zutter. Sizzle. Sale.

Back in under 2 weeks???? I'm getting better at this! LOL.... It's been a crazy busy fortnight, full of ups and downs.

I was working at Paperific two Fridays ago, at Scrapware's trade stand. The stand looked amazing with all the new products displayed, as well as the projects contributed by various DT members and Guest DT. These are the projects I did for Angela....

TULIPS Layout - used Karen Day Designs Clouds (KD02), Stems (KD03), Tulip Heads (CH92), Straight Up Lowercase letters.


Spidey layout - using Teen lowercase letters (AZ01), small spider (CH74), small web (CH72), mini bracket frame (CH56)


KINDER album - using Kinder Album, Teen lowercase alphabets (AZ01), Penny 4Ur Thoughts (KD15), Boy Talk (KD13, the spiky hair boy), Circle Strip (KD12) for the page tabs, Zoo Load monkey (CH34), who/what/when/where (JB03)


Blossom canvas - Blossom stem (CH67) and blossom flowers (CH68)

On the following day, it was THE day to meet with the girls from Scrap Therapy. This has been planned for MONTHS!! Lee-Anne, the store owner came down from Cairns for Paperific. So the Melbourne girls decided to make a day out of it. We drove up to Geelong, to visit the new Kaisercraft Discount Retail outlet that stocks deleted and seconds scrapbooking stock. The proceeds from the sale of samples/seconds/discontinued lines go towards the ongoing support of a boy's home in Sri Lanka, 3 Kindergartens in Fiji and a children's home in Philippines. More details here.... The products are all colour-coded and the more you buy from one colour code (regardless of the type of product), the more discount you get. I spotted foam brushes and plain C6 envelopes (perfect for cardmaking) for 9c each if I bought over 100. That wasn't hard at all!!! LOL... I rang a couple of the girls from the Motley Crue and they each wanted some envelopes, so I got 150 envelopes and a dozen foam brushes, all at 9c each. BARGAIN! Next, we proceeded to Paperific. There was some shopping done and I placed a pre-order for the new version of the Zutter Bind-It-All, after much deliberation. Now I can't wait for it to arrive!

On the same day, I also said something mean to a very dear friend that was very uncalled for. Totally inexcusable, and unforgivable. It made her very upset, needless to say. And I felt very gutted, ashamed and disgraced. She accepted my apology, but I still can't forgive myself. I don't know how I can ever make it right again.

But on the other hand, I also found some long lost friends on Facebook. Friends from my secondary school, whom I've not seen for over 20 years. So that felt good.

I had a fundraising Sausage Sizzle at Bunnings (Sunshine) this past Saturday for the kinder. Being in the kinder committee for 2 years in a row, has made me realise how ugly some people are, people who just keep reaping the benefits of others' fundraising efforts. There just isn't any balance between give and take. Not even when we begged for help. If it wasn't for the benefit of the kinder, the teacher, and other more deserving kids, I would have quit this nonsense. We raised over $1000 for the kinder, so that was a very rewarding experience, no doubt I was completely wrecked by the end of the day.

I scrapped on Sunday... made some Christmas cards together with Ruey. She kinda changed my mind about heat embossing.... after a loooong loooong time. I guess I'm looking at buying a heat gun after all! After that, I'll be playing with more Christmas cards this week. :D

FOR SALE: I have 3 paper trimmers for sale on eBay. Pick-up is preferred, but I'm willing to post. Postage is $15 (within Australia). I will refund any change if it costs less. Tell any of your friends who are interested.
  1. Making Memories Precision Trimmer - Rarely used... excellent condition. Link
  2. Cutter Bee Cutterpede Trimmer (HOT PINK!) - Great condition, still fairly new. Comes with straight edge blade AND scallop blade. Link
  3. Creative Memories 30" trimmer - very good condition. Comes with NEW blade. Link

3 Comments:

Blogger Belinda Venables said...

I'm going to nominate you for blogger of the year if you keep this up...lol.

Beautiful creations as always...they are all so neat and perfect!

I hope you can make things right with your friend - big hugs from me.

xx

October 28, 2008 1:19 pm  
Blogger Ruey said...

wow....you sure have been ultra busy!!! Fab fab layouts and canvas!! Thanks for the fab crop day on sunday....it was fun and relaxing. And I reckon...it was dazzling diamonds that changed your mind about heat embossing. Not me. LOL

October 28, 2008 1:48 pm  
Blogger Jorja said...

Gorgeous scrapware projects Mich. I like the bit about the "Motley Crue", I just need to make cards and use the envelopes now...It was nice catching up with you at Paperific and we'll have a play with our Zutters when they arrive, I couldn't go past the offer either.

October 28, 2008 2:13 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home