Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Kids Party. SG Day. Teselaar.

WOW! I made it back here in 2 weeks!!!!! That must mean something!! But seriously, is anyone still reading my blog? I'm feeling a bit lonely here... talking to myself. If you still read my blog, just leave me a short comment, doesn't have to be praise, I'll take anything! lol... But it's a long one with lots of photos! Get ready...

Kids are back at school / kinder now (read: HUGE RELIEF!!). Many moms look forward to school holidays, at least 9 out of 10 mums do. They say they get to sleep in, there's no rush. Unfortunately for me, my children don't sleep in, not on weekends, not in holidays. They still wake up at about the same time. I don't get to sleep past 7.30am. So for me, holidays are like any given day, except I have more squabbling and bickering to listen to. I doubt anyone would look forward to that, would you?

Anyways, the last few days of school holidays (week and a half ago) was a blur. We went to the cinemas and watched Wall-E which the kids loved (not so much the adults). We brought the kids and our nephew to Peter's office for the Kids' Party. They had an absolute ball. Kids computer games, clown who multi-tasked to be the creative balloon man, face painting, tattoos, food and goodie bags. Then the party was adjourned to the bowling alley and the kids had more fun!

The Balloon Sword Boys...
Flower and swan for the Butterfly-face girl ...Goodie bags always make kids happy!
Hi-fiving after a STRIKE!And another....Ellen's concentration ...

Following day, we went to Sidney Myer Music Bowl for Singapore Day - an event for Singaporeans living overseas. I was really hanging out for this event - can't wait for the food, can't wait to feel like a Singaporean again without having to spend thousands and thousands of dollars! When we got there, I immediately felt like one again, because there was a line to get in. If there's one thing you need to know about Singaporeans, we will queue for anything that is worth getting. If there is a good restaurant, we will queue to get in. It didn't matter if there was another restaurant 2 doors down selling the same kind of food. If this one is the talk of the town, we will queue - no matter how long the line is. If there is something fantastic on offer, we will queue. Years back, McDonald's had these fabulous collection of Hello Kitty plush toys as their weekly toy giveaways. They were decent-sized plush toys, and really good ones and they came in couples. Everytime there was a new release, every outlet will have massive lines of people buying their meals just to get those limited edition toys to complete their collection. Anyway, you get my point. This is the line to get in....
And the line goes on...and on....

We finally got in 1 hour later... yay!

And then there's more lining up inside... FOR FOOD!! FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD ... is Singaporeans' 2nd favourite past time. We love our food... we love eating. So we wait in line again..
Some people are even eating while in queue for other foods! Basically, food to Singaporeans is like honey to bees (or booze to Aussies). When you are at an event like this, and you see swarms of human beings (and in queues), you can be quite sure there's food.
Kids made these cute little bunnies using a face washer, an elastic band, 2 pins and a ribbon.
And our goodie bag which consists of a picnic mat, a cap, a packet of instant noodles (REALLY reminds me of home), Tshirt, bottle of NEWater, wet wipes, a jar of kaya (coconut jam), a jar of cooking sauce and a few other tiny little toys (eg. chatek).
And best of all... we paid nothing. NOTHING!!! We didn't have to pay to get in, all food were free, all entertainment was free, and so were goodie bags! IT'S FWEE! ALL FWEE!!!! Sounds NOTHING like an event happening in Australia! LOL...

Then on Sunday... we went to the Teselaar's Tulips Festival. I've never seen tulips on a scale like this. Here are some photos...
OK... must say I got a bit bored half way through it. There's only so much you can ooh and aah over tulips. It was these little works of art that were displayed alongside the tulips that kept me going ooh and aah! I particularly like these three.....
They are for sale too... but I didn't check out the figures. I really should... cos I would like them in my new house! :D :D

Ok... that's enough bombarding of photos. I have lots more, but will leave them for scrapping. :) I will be at Paperific this weekend. I'm helping Angela at Scrapware's trade stand. A few of us went scrapping at Angela's factory last Saturday. We made quite a few projects to be used at the trade event. I can't show photos of those works yet until the show opens. Will share with you in another post.

Cheers!
mich

7 Comments:

Blogger Ruey said...

oh wow...what fabulous photos!!! After what you told me....I'm glad I got rejected for Singapore day!! And u know what....I have those Hello Kitty Mcdonald couples....both sets!! hahaha...my Dad went to queue for me early in the morning...and every thursday when a new couple would be released....they'd have McDonalds fried chicken for lunch.
Bring on paperific!!! See u there!

October 14, 2008 11:49 am  
Blogger Belinda Venables said...

"Hello - I'm reading this" hehe!

Yep - whoever invented school holidays should get a real sturn talking to..lol.

Great pics - looks like fun!

Free - you said?? Wowsers - gotta love that!!

xx

October 14, 2008 1:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe michelle, im still here- lucky i have you on bloglines....
i must get to the tulip festival next year- say it every year- your photos are fab
j

October 14, 2008 1:25 pm  
Blogger Cass said...

Yep, I'm still reading your blog. :)
*wave*

October 14, 2008 1:49 pm  
Blogger kathie said...

Hello! I'm here :). How lucky are you, getting to scrap at Ange's warehouse. Sometimes (often?) I feel so isolated down here in ol' Adelaide.
Love the tulip photos and lol at the queues. I'm an aussie through and through and hate line-ups!

October 16, 2008 12:08 pm  
Blogger Marr said...

wwow!! the kids really grow so much. P and E are sooo charming.

Oh, i can totally get what you mean as the years back, I am the ONE that went for every hello kitty queue in mcD! geez.....crazy but really memorable. :D

lovely tulips and the shots you've taken are great!

hehehe...me still reading your blog and yes, I still think of Ruey and you. :D never will I forget you ladies.

October 17, 2008 1:20 am  
Blogger Meredith said...

Hi Michelle,

I hear you on the school holidays!!

Love the second art piece from the tulip festival!! Gorgeous!!

Haven't tried Singaporean food but I think I would love it! :-)

Meredith
(Amanda's friend at Scraptac retreat!!)

October 17, 2008 9:07 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home